Warning: Illegal string offset 'error' in /home/clients/e5ad3babedac18903cf0f5fe21a28c2a/zerowaste/wp-content/themes/Jade/inc/template_single/post_preview.php on line 55
Types of Waste
- Biodegradable waste: includes any organic matter in waste which can be broken down into carbon dioxide, water, methane or simple organic molecules by micro-organisms and other living things using composting, aerobic digestion, anaerobic digestion or similar processes. Read more.
- Food waste: is food that is discarded or lost uneaten. The causes of food waste or loss are numerous, and occur at the stages of production, processing, retailing and consumption. Read more
Why we, at 4ento, chose Insects?
Conversion of organic waste into high NUTRITIONAL biomass opens new economic opportunities for municipalities and small entrepreneurs in the Management of some municipal solid waste sector.
- Green waste: also called agricultural waste is biodegradable waste that can be composed of garden or park waste, such as grass or flower cuttings and hedge trimmings, as well as domestic and commercial food waste.
- Heat waste: is the heat, by necessity, produced both by machines that do work and in other processes that use energy, for example in a refrigerator warming the room air or a combustion engine releasing heat into the environment. Read more
Why we choose to pay attention to this kind of waste for insects?
Instead of being “wasted” by release into the ambient /environment, sometimes waste heat can be utilised by another process, or a portion of heat that would otherwise be wasted can be reused in the same process if make-up heat is added to a system.
- Open defecation: is the practice of people defecating outside and not into a designated toilet. The term is widely used in literature about water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) issues in developing countries. Read more.
- Industrial FARM waste (chicken, pig, cow’s manure / THEN Slaughterhouses waste). This waste is generally taken care of in a couple of ways: dispose of waste is lagoons or spray the wastewater as irrigation over fields, both very bad ideas because they contaminate surface and groundwater, causing terrible smells, contributing to greenhouse gases and negatively impact the soil. Read more (Beyond the Factory Farm.)
| ||expressed per||BOD (kg)||SS (kg)||NKj-N (kg)||P (kg)
|Red meat slaughterhouses||ton LWK||5||5.6||0.68||0.05
|Red meat packinghouses||ton LWK||11||9.6||0.84||0.33
|Poultry slaughterhouses||ton LWK||6.8||3.5||n.a.||n.a.
|Tanneries||ton raw hide||100||200||n.a.||n.a.
|Dairies (consumption milk)||ton milk||4.2||0.5||<0.1||<0.02
PLEASE, Reduce, Reuse & Recycle